If there’s one thing we know about kayak fishing, it’s that there’s nothing quite like it! Getting out into the great outdoors, heading out into open waters or fishing on your favourite dam or river, and just enjoying the peace and quiet that nature brings – while trying to reel in the big one!
The problem when you’re out fishing though, is that your mobile phone is basically rendered useless once you travel outside our major capital and regional centres. Most mobile networks cover 98% -99% of the population, which is great, however in land mass this equates to only around 20% of Australia having mobile coverage, the other 80% where you need communications even more, has nothing.
Of course this can be a good thing if you want to get away from it all – but the downside is what do you do in an emergency if you need help?
Of course, there is radio, UHF is pretty inexpensive and easy to use, however even with a 5watt system the signal at best only carriers 17km so it isn’t something you can 100% rely on if needed in an emergency.
For this reason, there is a genuine need to have a satellite phone for use on your kayaking adventure – so you at least have some peace of mind (and so does your family back home!). To know that they will have a reliable source of communication for emergencies and life-threatening situations is crucial. Even just to keep in touch with family and friends back home to let them know all is going well!
SatPhone Rentals delivers phones anywhere in Australia from Melbourne to Nhulunbuy to Oodnadatta to Carnarvon via Express Post. A self-addressed Express Post envelope is even provided for you to return the phone, it couldn’t be easier! With a low minimum 3-day rental for phones you can rent for as long as you like. SatPhone Rentals also offer Post Paid SIM cards which are available for rent for a minimum of 7 days or Pre-paid cards starting at 30 days with 50 minutes of call credit for a low $150.
Where to find them
5/8 Anzed Court, Mulgrave, 3170
Phone : 1300 368 611
Fax : (03) 8669 4424
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org